Thursday, October 22, 2009

Drs appointment

Had my latest Drs appointment this morning.  Still no internal checks.

Since I never know if he is going to check me or not in the female region, before my appointment I always try to freshen up (in Tokyo I just took a shower when I woke up before my appointment, here my shower is like at 6pm, so 6pm-9am doesn`t always mean that the female parts are going to be nice and clean).  Since I can`t really take a shower, I just use a soapy towel and wash off that way.  When I had my urine test today it was a bit cloudy-like and I was thinking it was because perhaps I didn`t get all the soap cleaned off (not easy when your stomach keeps getting bigger and you have to use a towel) so I wasn`t surprised when the Dr was on the phone with the lab that checks the urine and he was saying something was present but that the baby seemed fine so he wasn`t worried about it.

After the phone call, he tells me that since my due date is Monday he wants me to come again in the morning and he will check to see if I am dilated, if I am then I will be checked in (and I am assuming induced) if I`m not then we will wait.

I can`t say I want to be induced, but MIL told me yesterday that she thinks when the baby is 3 weeks old it would be perfectly fine for me to return to Tokyo, especially if my mother is still here.  If she comes on Monday or around then, then mom and I will have a week in Tokyo before she leaves, if she comes later then mom and I won`t be able to return to Tokyo and I am not sure the ILs will allow me to take the train back by myself (as if I am a small child and not an adult) and I would probably have to wait until Taka can have a weekend off and come down here to get me and take me back.

At this point, I`d rather have a not so nice birth experience than have to stay here too much longer.  I am definitely starting to annoyed at MIL, who while be really nice, can act like a small child sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment