Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slow Going on the Linen

When it rains, it pours. How true! These past couple of weeks I did a marathon at work and during that time I had a few work-related stresses. Though I would love to be one of those lucky few who make the “Quit Your Day Job” series by MaryMary on Etsy, I do need to hang on to my job until I make a decent number of sales per month to justify quitting, or cutting down on my days. To do that, I know I know, I need to open a shop. Before that even, I need a product!  And mine is not finished yet.  Nope- not yet.

Besides the work related rain, I have the kitty to worry about too.  Seems like she had a much worse time than me these days.  First the lack of appetite, the dislocated leg, general dirtiness of stray cats, the stay with the dogs at the vet, surgery (at which time the doc found two rocks in her stomach in the x-ray), the stress of being held indoors causing diarrhea and violent ear mites, back to the vet for some meds, and now, I think rock #2 has reached the end of the digestive road and will not come out- and she is straining to get anything past it.  I was in tears yesterday wanting to take her in to the vet again but, its “meiwaku” for the doc.  That means, he’d rather not see a feral kitty every day and we should wait until maybe Sunday.  All this compounded by the fact that IF she recovers, we can’t keep her. And I am starting to want to.

Its been hard to relax and just do my own thing in spite of these situations. Today I have a huge gap between bookings at work, so I am going to bring my pajamas. What I have managed in the way of progress is cutting the applique pieces and preparing them for attachment.  I have already started too. I am using an oval shaped hoop from Hardwicke Manor that I purchased from Hedgehog Handworks (at right). It fits up the leg of the pajamas nicely and allows a big enough space to work on.  I even bound the inner rings of both of my hoops with bias tape. I found a tutorial on that at www.needleandthread.com.  What a great site for people who need a little guidance.

The beginning of the end!

I have a few things to do- I few more design ideas requires some different linen and threads. I asked a coworker to photograph for me in trade, so I have a special design in mind for her that maybe I can recreate if she’ll model it for me.  My husband is asking where his is, so that will be a men’s line.  Ideas are plentiful but time and energy these days are seriously wanting! Well that’s where I am at.  I hope to have better news next week.  For more on the kitty see the previous post with its comments.

Hi ho, hi ho….

No comments:

Post a Comment