Monday, December 28, 2009

Welcome to Japan, we have plenty of rope.

I’m sure that you can tell from the constant flow of Araki posts that I am slightly fond of Shibari.  To be honest, its not so much the sexual aspect of this whole production but more so the amount of work that goes into this.  I’ve been quite familiar with Shibari for a while, but never really took the time to care for it.  I believe I have been influenced by Nobuyoshi Araki and find myself seeking out as much Shibari photography as I can when I can. 

As for the films, I could really care little for those as well.  Its really just the photos and the shear discipline that goes into it.  All that work for a few kept shots.  When it really comes down to it, no one does it better than Japan.  This guys are the fucking Michael Jordan’s of this shit.  Western fools make very weak attempts at replicating it, but can’t even come close to touching it.  Americans especially, always so worried about the technical phot aspect of it, with their goofy lighting, bullshit props, and horrible typical gothic styling.  Go back to art school you fucking skels. 

More pictures after the jump…

[Via http://acidsquid.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment