Friday, February 26, 2010

Armed and Ready

Well, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? Partially because I’ve spent the past few weekends earning money and having fun while doing it, but mostly because I’m just lazy.

But I’m taking the time now to put a few words down.

CIMG0935 So, the thing I just want to mention is that after 2 months of having issues contacting anyone at Gundam Store and More, I finally got the issues with my gift certificates worked out and received the absolutely stunning Gundam 00 Exia 1/60 scale model in the mail yesterday that I only had to pay shipping on.

I’m a big fan of the Gundam universe and have done a several 1/144s and one 1/100, and this is by far the most complex model I will attempt to date.

It’s for this fact that I decided to actually do this one right. You see, I’ve never taken the time or made the effort to paint and fully detail any of my Gundams. But when you have a shiny new 1/60 sitting on your desk, you have to consider getting off your ass and doing it right.

Therefore, I spent the evening running around town to every hobby and craft store I knew of, which isn’t many at all in Tuscaloosa. But I was able to come away with $25 in spray paints that aren’t perfect matches for the plastic, but they’re so close that I’m sure I’ll barely notice…I hope.

I can be such a perfectionist about things like that and it’s becoming detrimental to my mental health. So if they aren’t spot-on, fuck it. I’m by no means a professional model builder, so I just have to do it and if it isn’t perfect just let it go.

Wow, that’s going to be difficult.

This will even be a chance for me to really break in those special Gundam panel lining pens I bought last year and never used.

So tomorrow will be an interesting day of me standing in the back yard hanging bits of plastic from the porch and meticulously spraying them down and having a fit over whether or not it looks good enough.

Considering the 1/100 Gundam 00 Dynames took me about 6 hours, I imagine this will take me an entire day of uninterrupted work, which probably won’t happen until Monday. Ugh! The anticipation.

[Via http://hexijosh.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment