Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Totally Rad Tune Tuesday *TRTT*

I like music and I’m pretty sure you guys do too.  Since we all enjoy music to varying extents, I thought I would share my preferences with you.  But this isn’t a one way street in which I only recommend artists to you.  Please feel free to share your favorite artists which are similar in style to those that I post.  That way, I can learn from you and you from me.  Cool eh?

When it comes to J-Pop, the amount of artists I know are quite limited.  I’m coming across new singers/groups all of the time and the biggest reason I am doing this is so I can be exposed to more through your feedback.  If you don’t like an artist I present, that’s cool, just be sure to comment on who is even cooler.  I just want to expand my musical awareness, yah, musical awareness.  hehe

Though, I won’t solely focus on J-Pop and other Japanese genres.  I’ll be sure to throw in some of my personal favorites from varying places around this crazy world.  In fact, most of my favorite music comes from the très chic France.

Alrighty, lets get on with my favorite J-Pop group.

I’ve been meaning to write about Perfume since I started this blog, but just never found the time to introduce them.  I figured they would be the best one to start with since Perfume was the first J-Pop group I started to listen to.  My friend told me about them about 3 years when I asked him “What are some good J-Pop bands/groups with a electronic feel?”  He only mumbled one word, Perfume, and that was all.  I asked him if there were others, but he remained quiet.  I guess not.  So, when I got home later that night (making sure not to forget their name), I searched up this group and the rest is history.  I’ve been addicted to their music ever since.

Perfume consists of 3 members:

かしゆか (Kashiyuka)

のっち (Nocchi)

あーちゃん (A-Chan)

These photos were taken from the new Natural Beauty Basic commercial featuring Perfume’s new single ナチュラルに恋して (Love Me Naturally).  The photos can be found here and the commercial can be found here.

I could go on and on explaining Perfume to you, but the only way to ever know how good they are is to simply listen.  I must note here that their music is created by the awesome Nakata Yasutaka.  So if you like Perfume, there will be a good chance that you’ll like his other projects.

Below, I will provide you with 3 music videos.  I’ll take one song from each of their albums starting with their earliest and ending with their latest.  Enjoy!

Song: パーフェクトスター・パーフェクトスタイル [Perfect Star・Perfect Style]

Album: Perfume ~Complete Best~

Song: ポリリズム [Polyrhythm]

Album: GAME

Song: ワンルーム・ディスコ [One Room Disco]

Album: ⊿(トライアングル)[Triangle]

Hopefully you enjoyed those as much as all Perfume fans continue to do.  I just wanted to end this “Totally Rad Tune Tuesday” by giving a shout out to Perfume City.  It’s a fan site dedicated to all things Perfume and anything that you would want (seriously!) is there.  I encourage you to check it out if you have the slightest interest in Perfume or just J-Pop in general.  Plus, if you want more music, you are bound to find it there.

If everything works out and this post doesn’t become a total fail (not sure why it would, but you never know), I hope to continue TRTT on a weekly basis.  And please, if you have any music recommendations, please leave a comment below.  I will make sure I check out each suggestion that I receive.

Thanks for tuning in everyone!

ps 16 High-Fives to the first person who guesses my favorite Perfume member.

[Via http://tictaek.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment