Monday, March 22, 2010

Wandering Around the old Neighbourhood

Today I decided to take a long walk.

I managed to walk all the way from the flat, into the centre of town, then to Cowcaddens (China Town), St George’s Cross (Where I used to live as a student), Byers Road (aka. Bryoz road) and down to Partick.

Grabbed a few groceries and headed home. I thought that after a couple of years, the west end would have changed dramatically, but it seemed to have just been a little run down, with a few of my local shops having closed. No doubt another area affected by the economic crisis.

So I made a mah-see-voh dinner for Sian, Gayle and Tina. Was fairly impressed as I managed to prepare everything together quite nicely, without burning anything. Although I was only really preparing the main course, the girls brought side dishes and desert.

It was a really pleasant evening, which was rounded off with some weird youtube videos, such as the one below.

One of the biggest things I miss about being in Japan, is turning on your TV at 3am to random things like this.

[Via http://bryoz.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment