Thursday, September 24, 2009

17 Days and Counting...

It’s less than 17 days until the wedding, and we are still scrambling to get a few things finished up.

Back at my old DJ job, my boss promised me free DJ service for my wedding.  I have since left that job, but was told a few months ago the offer still stood.  Even so, I have still been a little leery as to whether or not he’ll come through.  Then I met a guy who started at the Profile as another in-house DJ alongside me.  I explained to him my situation and he said he’d love to DJ our dance.  Great!  I told my old boss thanks, but no thanks.  We’d found our guy.  Not an hour later, I found out our new DJ already has a commitment the same day as our wedding.  So I had to plead for my old DJ back.  And as of now, I’m still not really sure what’s going on.  So, if anyone out there knows somebody who can stand behind my laptop and monitor a playlist and make a few announcements, we’ll gladly pay them for their efforts!

Tomorrow after work, Lauren and I will travel to Marshall, MN to meet with our wedding officiant, Rev. Aaron Rush.  He will be traveling east from Avon, SD and we’ll meet halfway and have dinner and discuss plans for the wedding.

As for RSVPs, I am only waiting on two people who I actually think might come.  There are about 10 who are yet to respond, but they’re mostly people from Carpenter who I would be shocked to have see in attendance.  This whole RSVP thing was actually fun for me.  I enjoyed the suspense of waiting to see whose RSVPs we’d get in the mail each day.  They’re still trickling in 11 days after the deadline!

Meanwhile, the handful of co-workers I invited are getting excited for the wedding.  Our CEO from Japan is going to be there, and he and the company president are both getting hotel rooms nearby so they can get crazy that night.  It’s not just that these co-workers are coming, but they have told me time and time again that they’ve never been so excited for a wedding ever.  That’s a lot of pressure.  Jason, you’d better deliver with a best man speech that they’ll be talking about for decades.

We also had our visit to the liquor store last night to do some pricing.  I don’t want to spoil all of our liquor surprises, but it is a full open bar the whole night with beer, wine, and liquor.  We believe there will be two kegs, probably Premium and Summit EPA, a couple of our local faves.  And some of the wedding party have created specialty drinks that will be named after themselves on a very special menu I’ll whip up.

Finally, my vacation request was approved, and I will be away from the office from October 8-18, 11 whole days.  Part of that will be the wedding, part will be the honeymoon, and then there are four more days to lounge at home.  Awesome.

Volunteers Needed! In addition to a DJ, we are still looking for a few volunteers for other things.  We need 2 or 3 people to arrive to the church early and serve as parking attendants at the church lot.  We also need someone to videotape the wedding, either with my video camera or your own equipment.  And anyone who wants to volunteer to help me set up at the reception site the morning of the wedding, I am in charge of putting up the centerpieces and a few other things.  Thanks!  Please leave a comment here or e-mail me at glanzerr@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment