Friday, September 25, 2009

iPhone, Sepia at the Meiji Shrine

I’m not going to start this post with an apology for not blogging for close on a month – 99% of the bloggers say this when for whatever reason they haven’t updated their blogs in a while.

More to the point. For the first time in the modern era (I think), the Japanese government added a new holiday to the calendar and called it ‘Silver Week’, complementing the ‘Golden Week’ holiday in April and May. ‘Silver Week’ was more like a long weekend with Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday added on.

I spent the Tuesday in downtown Tokyo near Omotesando with its beautiful tree lined streets and walked around my favourite park in Tokyo, Meiji Park, which unsurprisingly, is home to Meiji Shrine. I didn’t have my Nikon D90 with me (again) and decided to shoot a few pics in the shrine courtyard. I used the iPhone ‘Toy Camera’ application with the sepia processed look. This app is such fun and gives great effects in a very short time – No transferring the shots to pc or Mac, no time consuming editing, wow, if only real photography could be that quick – which is the next post will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment