Tuesday, September 22, 2009

35 Weeks

Well I am a day late as we were not really home yesterday and when we were I just didn`t have time to make a post, did remember to take a picture yesterday before I headed off to bed.  As my husband was quick to point out, my belly is really growing now.

Yesterday we headed off to Shimonoseki to pay respects to MILs side of the family.  Usually takes about an hour to get there but due to all the holiday traffic it ended up taking almost 2 hours.  After we were finished at the temple we headed off to eat at a soba restuarant at the Daimaru there, and to pick up an extra LAN cable so that we could hook up my computer (which we can but then PILs computer can`t be plugged in so T`s idea didn`t really pan out much).  Even though we left at 11am to go up there we didn`t get back until almost 5pm so pretty much the majority of the day was spent in the car.

In the even we just had a quick dinner of salad, miso soup, rice, and fish (while I usually am ok with saba and the flavor of it was ok, it was overly cooked in my opinion and really dry, so T ate most of mine).

Today we headed off to the local You Me Town to play the lottery tickets that MIL has been gathering up (its the shopping center`s one where there is a little wheel and colored balls come out and you may win a prize).  Our luck wasn`t all that good as we only came home with a roll of toilet paper and some saran wrap.  T was hoping for the TV or laptop as a prize.  Since its raining today, we spent a bit of the afternoon just wondering about the store, picked up sushi for dinner (I also will be having chicken nuggets with my portion evidently since 1) I don`t normally eat fish anyways 2) besides an egg and shrimp piece the rest of it is fish, but I don`t mind).

T heads back to Tokyo tomorrow afternoon, and I am assuming on Thursday MIL, FIL, and I will start figuring out what the normal routine around here is going to be (MIL usually works, at some sort of after school type program thing).  FIL would really like me to do some baking while here but MIL was quick to point out that 1)she has never used her oven in the oven function, and 2) she doesn`t have the ingredients handy for some backing.  I`ll have to explore MILs cupboards and see if she even has any baking cookware, as I know FIL would probably really like a cheesecake.

When we got back this afternoon, everyone took an afternoon nap (now I know where T gets his afternoon nap habit from), I know the PILs are sort of awake at the moment, but T is going for hour 2 of his nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment