Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thank Goodness For Football

Now that the football seasons have begun for both college and professionals, I have something else to watch instead of my beloved LPGA.  I was able to pull up the score board online and determine whether or not to actually watch the broadcast of the tournament.  This weekend, I saw about five total minutes of the LPGA tournament.  No reason to waste my time if there is nothing but Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese players fighting for the lead.  It just kills me to see a U.S. player shoot 9 under par and still end up 7 shots back. 

There were 6 Americans in the field of 20.  There were 7 players from the Far East and 7 from the rest of the world.  This was a very lopsided field.  Paula Creamer was the only American that made a respectable showing.   Lorena Ochoa was the only other non Far Eastern player on the leader board.  This tournament was a waste of time to watch.  I am very thankful that I had football to watch to take my attention away from the golf.

I got to watch Alabama destroy North Texas.  Since I am a huge fan of the Crimson Tide, this was a pleasurable game to watch.  I got to see the end of the USC – Washington game.  I usually root for the Trojans, but Washington’s win was good for Alabama.  I also watched the Tennessee – Florida game.  It was better for the SEC to have Florida win.  Now, in the latest AP poll, the SEC has three teams in the top four and four teams in the top nine.  Pretty impressive even if it is too early to be meaningful.

Sunday I watched Atlanta beat Carolina and a lot of the Pittsburgh – Chicago game.  It was Sunday that I saw my five minutes of golf.  I watched Ai Miyazato give the tournament away on the 18th hole.  I turned it off when she missed her par putt.  I would rather see Ai win than one of the Koreans.  I am so frustrated with the Americans.  Paula Creamer is hurt but still beat out the other 5 Americans.  What is wrong with the American golfers?  There is way too much talent to not be in contention every week. 

Thank goodness the golf season is winding down and the football season has just started.  Maybe I can enjoy football instead of being frustrated like I am with golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment